2019 Mercedes AMG GT63S 4-Door Coupe – Video
To mark the launch of the new AMG GT 4-Door Coupé in late autumn 2018, Mercedes-AMG will be offering an Edition 1 model for a limited period of 12 months only. By emphasising the sporty aspects of the exterior and reinforcing the high-quality finish of the interior, this model offers even more exclusivity and distinctive appeal. The AMG Aerodynamics Package and the decals underline the affinity between this latest member of the AMG GT family and the world of motorsport. Together with the 21-inch AMG forged wheels in cross-spoke design, the designo graphite grey magno, designo diamond white bright or graphite grey metallic paint finishes draw in all the looks.
The interior is made even more sportily exclusive by AMG Performance seats in Exclusive nappa leather in magma grey/black with yellow contrasting topstitching. The AMG Performance steering wheel in microfibre with yellow contrasting topstitching and AMG trim elements in matt carbon fibre set further highlights in the interior. The limited-edition model is available as the Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4MATIC+ Edition 1 with the 470 kW (639 hp) top-of-the-range V8 engine.
The Aerodynamics Package for the Edition 1 encompasses such features as a larger front splitter and additional flics on the front apron, a further-enhanced aerodynamically-optimised diffuser and a fixed rear spoiler. the blade of which can be mechanically adjusted. The driver is thus able to adjust the balance of lift and the driving characteristics to suit individual preferences or the specific circumstances. The perfectly coordinated interaction between the various elements serves to optimise aerodynamic efficiency.
Compared with the basic model’s adjustable rear spoiler extended to the full, at 300 km/h, the rigid variant pushes the rear axle down onto the road surface with an additional 30 kilogrammes of aerodynamic force. The larger front splitter also reinforces the effect of the AIRPANEL active air management system: if the adjustable blinds are closed, the lift at the front axle is further reduced.
Another advantage of the complex work that has gone into this package: the Cd value is even lower, despite the higher downforce. This win-win combination improves both the longitudinal and the lateral dynamics as experienced by the driver on the road or race track.
The Edition 1 in summary
- Available for a limited period of 12 months from market launch
- Meticulously coordinated equipment and appointments for exterior and interior emphasise exclusivity and dynamism
- Available for top-of-the-range AMG GT 63 S 4MATIC+ model
Exterior elements of the Edition 1
- AMG Aerodynamics Package including larger front splitter and additional flics on the front apron, even further aerodynamically optimised diffuser and fixed rear spoiler with mechanically adjustable blade
- Paintwork in designo graphite grey magno, designo diamond white bright or graphite grey metallic
- AMG sports stripes in matt graphite grey (decals) on the sides above the side sill panels; with the paint finishes designo graphite grey magno and graphite grey metallic, additional sports stripes on the bonnet, roof and tailgate (optionally deselectable)
- 21-inch AMG cross-spoke forged wheels, painted matt black and with a high-sheen finish
Interior elements of the Edition 1
- AMG Performance seats with Memory Package
- Upholstery in Exclusive nappa leather in magma grey/black with yellow contrasting topstitching
- AMG Performance steering wheel in microfibre with yellow contrasting topstitching, yellow 12 o’clock marking and “Edition” badge, steering wheel bezel including control buttons and AMG shift paddles in black chrome, additional AMG switches on steering wheel
- AMG matt carbon-fibre trim
- Seat belts in yellow
- Door centre panels in nappa leather in magma grey
- Armrests in the door and on the centre console in nappa leather in magma grey
- Upper section of instrument panel and door beltlines in black nappa leather with yellow contrasting topstitching
- AIR-BALANCE Package with new, specific “AMG #63” fragrance
- Illuminated AMG door sill panels
- Edition-specific floor mats in black with leather band bearing “AMG” lettering and yellow topstitching
Further equipment and appointment options for the Edition 1
If so desired, the limited-edition model can be further personalised with additional optional elements. Such options include:
- AMG Night Package
- AMG Exterior Carbon-Fibre Package 2
- AMG high-performance ceramic braking system
- High-Class Rear
The descriptions and information in this press kit apply to the international model range of Mercedes-AMG. They may vary from country to country.