2018 Citroën Berlingo Features & Options – Video
With New Berlingo, the Citroën brand is upgrading an icon in the leisure activity vehicle segment, which it created nearly 22 years ago. Berlingo is a benchmark model, to the point that its name is used in some countries to refer to its segment, in the same way that “googling” is used to refer to a web search. It is a major player in the segment, one in which it has innovated over time to stand apart and remain the leader on versatility and practicality, for example with the introduction of three independent rear seats, the Modutop® multifunction roof and the opening rear window tailgate. It has been successfully transformed to bring motorists more style and comfort and dynamic on-road behaviour. Berlingo is as successful as ever, with the second-generation PC + LCV model launched in 2008 being produced in more units in 2017 than ever before (over 165,000), following what was already a record year in 2016. The top-selling Citroën model in nearly 17 countries in 2017, Berlingo remains the Brand’s best seller behind C3. In Europe, it is the second best-selling leisure activity vehicle and remains top-three in its segment as an LCV. In all, since launch in 1996, it has been produced in more than 3.3 million units.
With the third-generation passenger-car version of Berlingo, Citroën today is unveiling a major model both for the Brand and for its segment. The ever-fashionable vehicle is a smart buy for families and seniors, who find it a perfect partner for their active lifestyle in all its forms. Forming a community attached to a different, appealing and unostentatious car, they are seeking spaciousness, practicality and simplicity while also looking for more style, comfort and modernity. New Citroën Berlingo is faithful to the Brand’s new baseline, “Inspired by you”, and honours it with design and comfort.
STRONG CHARACTER: NEW BODY STYLING AND STYLISTIC CODES OF THE NEW CITROËN
New Citroën Berlingo is more modern than ever and boasts the robust and forceful attitude of a go-anwyhere vehicle while losing none of its fresh and offbeat personality:
- Different body styling with a more forward-set windscreen and a higher and shorter front end, achieved notably through the adoption at the front end of the EMP2 platform, making for a shorter front overhang,
- A front end consistent with the identity of the Citroën brand with the two-tiered light signature and personalised and rounded front fog lights,
- Flowing body styling marked by consummately worked sides, Airbump® on doors bottoms, and a vanishing point behind the roof that lends the body extra vitality,
- An uncluttered, typically Citroën interior with an airy dashboard and several interior ambiances,
- Personalisation with touches of colour : Color Packs White or Orange (XTR pack)
- Two sizes, M and XL, with body lengths of 4.40 m and 4.75 m available in 5- and 7-seater versions.
MORE INTELLIGENCE FOR MORE ONBOARD EASE AND WELL-BEING
New Citroën Berlingo builds on its strong points to offer optimum everyday ease:
- Outstanding modularity with three individual seats in the rear that can be removed with a simple movement in the boot using the Magic Flat® controls*. Combined with a folding front passenger seat, they provide a perfectly flat floor and a load length of up to 2.70 m for the M version and 3.05 m for the XL model,
- Two wide sliding side doors equipped with descending electric windows,
- Class-leading boot volume, increased by 100 l to 775 l for the M version, easily accessible thanks to the opening rear window tailgate and the two heigth positions luggage cover,
- 28 larger and ingenious storage spaces, up to 186 litres, such as the new-generation Modutop® multifunction roof providing more light and the Top Box glove box, rendered unique thanks to the Airbag in Roof system.
New Citroën Berlingo also gains new features by adopting:
- The EMP2 platform at the front end, which improves manoeuvrability (electric power steering, turning circle), optimises mass and provides for the latest driver-assistance systems. The rear part of the platform has been maintained for extra load volume and to preserve body width between the wheel arches,
- 19 driver-assistance technologies, including Colour head-up display, Adaptive Cruise Control with STOP function, Electric parking brake, Reversing camera with Top Rear Vision, Grip Control with Hill Assist Descent, and Trailer Stability Control,
- 4 connectivity technologies including 8-inch touchscreen with Citroën Connect Nav and Wireless charging for smartphone,
- Suspension settings benefiting from all of Citroën’s know-how for peerless comfort,
- A broad range of high-performance engines including the new BlueHDi 1.5 and the EAT8 automatic gearbox, along with the PureTech 1.2.
*Removable individual seats available from launch, Magic Flat® controls available from spring 2019.
01 – NEW CITROËN BERLINGO: THE NEW OPUS OF AN AUTOMOTIVE ICON
With New Berlingo, the Citroën brand is continuing the story of a true automotive icon that created the leisure activity vehicle segment in 1996.
A NEW VERSION OF THE SEGMENT BENCHMARK
New Citroën Berlingo has gained a new look. The third generation of the successful series retains the essence of the leisure activity vehicle and stands as a new benchmark in the segment. Proud of its heritage, Citroën possesses true legitimacy in this market, in which it has been a player for over two decades. The trailblazing Citroën brand is first and foremost the inventor of the leisure activity vehicle concept back in 1996, the launch year of the first-generation Berlingo, replaced in 2008 by the second-generation model. The Brand has always successfully innovated to deliver differentiating features such as three independent rear seats, the Modutop® multifunction roof and the opening rear window tailgate. Faithful to the spirit of the two previous opuses, New Citroën Berlingo possesses a unique attitude while raising the bar even higher on design, functionality and comfort.
Determined to gain the loyalty of its current customers, New Citroën Berlingo was inspired by their lifestyles and changes in their lives with a view to best responding to the everyday uses of freedom-loving couples and families. The new generation model inspired by customer expectations perfectly illustrates the new baseline, “Inspired by you”, which goes together with the advertising slogan: “We didn’t invent the family, but the car that goes with it“- By the creator of Berlingo. It underscores the Brand’s determination to make motorists’ lives ever more seamless. New Citroën Berlingo features more modernity, comfort and ingeniousness and possesses all the requisite qualities for winning over new customers. Key targets include economically active or retired couples, with or without children, living around towns or in the country, and fans of sports such as cycling or hiking and outdoor leisure pursuits such as gardening and DIY. A multifaceted vehicle, New Citroën Berlingo stands as a smart buy for families or seniors who find it the perfect partner for their active lifestyles and who are looking above all for interior room space and functionality.
A MAJOR PLAYER FOR THE SEGMENT AND THE BRAND
A major model for the Brand and for the leisure activity vehicle segment, third-generation Berlingo is a new international product offensive for Citroën. Adapted to leisure activities, undeniably successful and able to transcend generations, Berlingo hit the headlines again in 2017 as the best-selling Citroën model in nearly 17 countries more than 20 years after launch. Berlingo is an iconic model and a top seller for Citroën, ranking at this time as the brand’s second best-selling model worldwide behind C3! In Europe, it is the second best-selling leisure activity vehicle and remains top-three in its segment as an LCV. In all since 1996, Berlingo PC, all generations combined, has sold in 1.7 million units, while Berlingo PC + LCV has been produced in 3.3 million units worldwide. With this new product offering in 2018, Citroën is capitalising on the name, history and strengths of its leisure activity vehicle and targeting even better performances in the European market.
A SUCCESS STORY
To find out more about the over 20 year Berlingo story, read the appendix on the history of Citroën Berlingo from 1996 to the present day and its rich heritage, a nod to 2CV van, Acadiane and C15.
02 – STRONG CHARACTER: NEW BODY STYLING AND STYLISTIC CODES OF THE NEW CITROËN
Resolutely modern and fully consistent with the identity of the Citroën brand, New Berlingo cheerfully stands out through its more robust and imposing go-anywhere attitude, without losing any of its fresh and offbeat character.
A LIKEABLE AND DISTINCTIVE PERSONALITY
In step with Citroën’s latest creations, New Berlingo disrupts in terms of style and brings a breath of fresh air to the leisure activity vehicle segment. Citroën has made in-depth upgrades to its new model, which stands apart through its original body styling and singular attitude as well as its robust design and flowing, non-aggressive design. New Citroën Berlingo was developed by the Citroën Style team headed by Alexandre Malval. The team has designed a new-generation model with expressive design while adding the bold touch characteristic of the Brand. The entirely renewed New Berlingo successfully and stylishly blends personality, practicality and comfort.
At the front, New Citroën Berlingo stands out with strong styling features, made possible notably by the integration at the front of the EMP2 platform and shorter overhang. New Berlingo has a higher and shorter bonnet giving drivers a commanding view of the road, a broader and unmistakeably Citroën front end with the Brand’s inimitable two-tiered light signature, and a forward-set windscreen providing more space and light.
To reinforce its character and underline its modern and dynamic profile, marked by consummately worked sides, New Citroën Berlingo sports a higher waistline and large glazed surfaces on the sides with bevelled contours. New Berlingo is also equipped with lengthwise roof bars (depending on the version) redolent of leisure activities. The styling is enhanced by Airbump® on doors bottoms, emphasising its robust look while signalling constant body protection. The design of New Berlingo is also marked by a vanishing point behind the roof that lends vitality to its silhouette.
At the rear, the smooth and vertically positioned lights of New Berlingo frame the tailgate, which is equipped with a dark-tinted opening rear window tailgate set above the logo and the chevrons. These components boost the stature of New Citroën Berlingo and balance out the design lines of the model, which has a minimum height of 1.81 m (without the roof bars, depending on the version).
Like C3, New C3 Aircross Compact SUV and New Citroën C4 Cactus Hatchback, New Citroën Berlingo is enhanced by a personalisation programme dear to the Brand and highly appreciated by customers. Outside, it comes with a broad range of eight body colours: Sand, Aqua Green, Steel Grey, Platinum Grey, Onyx Black, Deep Blue, Passion Red and Polar White. The colour signature is reinforced by touches of colour surrounding the round-shaped front fog lights and on the Airbump®: White Color Pack (depending on the version) or Orange Color Pack (specific to the XTR pack). In pure go-anywhere spirit, the emblematic “XTR” version stands out with the Orange Color Pack as well as 17-inch 17 inch alloy wheels SPIN and body-coloured fairing front and rear, along with a special Wild Green interior ambiance.
In classic Citroën style, the New Berlingo cabin is also consummately designed. The comprehensively upgraded interior marks a generational leap in terms of finish quality and inspires a sense of serenity. An invitation to travel, New Citroën Berlingo stands apart through its airy and purely designed dashboard and high-set driving position. The meticulously designed dashboard with its horizontal styling has been made even more user-friendly, with direct access to the air-conditioning controls, leaving space for a number of storage spaces.
Taking their inspiration from the world of furniture and travel, the designers developed the interior of New Berlingo to be functional and high quality. They used soft-touch and warm materials to make occupants feel good. The interior is available with new trim and a varied set of colours corresponding to several interior ambiances:
- The “Standard” ambience with a pure look and touches of Grey and Laurel (green water) colours,
- The “Metropolitan Grey” ambience with Grey Slash Cloth enhanced by a strip of bold Summertime Green. A turquoise shade harmonising with a China Grey dashboard, providing a sensation of well-being and modernity,
- The “Wild Green” ambience specific to the XTR pack and synonymous with adventure, distinguished by its Green Line Cloth and featuring an orange strip contrasting with a Kaki Green striped pattern, which refers to jeans cuffs. A strap Lama (light grey) to the right of the dashboard with Orange over-stitching, a nod to C4 Cactus, underscores the new model’s Citroën kinship and contrasts with the Resada Green dashboard trim.
TWO BODY STYLES: SIZES M AND XL
For the first time in its history, the New Citroën Berlingo leisure activity vehicle is available in two bodies while at the same time keeping its broadly appealing robust and premium styling. The modern and playful New Berlingo comes in two sizes with balanced proportions and design. The standard M Size model keeps its compact design and agility, measuring 2 cm longer than the previous generation at 4.40 m, for a 2.78 m wheelbase. The lengthened XL version adds an extra 35 cm for a total length of 4.75 m and a 2.97 m wheelbase. More versatile than ever, with the possibility of transporting five or seven passengers (whether M or XL), New Citroën Berlingo brings a new response to the needs of families and friends, giving them a choice between roominess and boot volume depending on their activities.
03 – NEW CITROËN BERLINGO: MORE INTELLIGENCE FOR MORE ONBOARD EASE AND WELL-BEING
New Citroën Berlingo builds on the strengths behind its past success and raises the bar even higher to become the most easiest-living vehicle in the segment. The new model is part of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme. On opening the doors, passengers discover a roomy interior bathed in light and home to generous storage spaces.
Because spaciousness and modularity are key purchasing criteria with leisure activity vehicles, New Citroën Berlingo was ingeniously designed to deliver on segment fundamentals and bring customers yet more cheerfulness and well-being. Drawing on all of Citroën’s expertise and boasting class-leading versatility in the leisure activity vehicle segment,
New Citroën Berlingo adapts to all the needs and uses of motorists with active lifestyles.
Practical inside and out, New Citroën Berlingo features top-class accessibility for passengers thanks to its two wide and highly functional sliding side doors, which are now fitted with descending electric windows. For luggages, New Berlingo has a broad tailgate that opens on to a capacious boot. Load volume is 775 l for the M model (100 l more than the current generation in five-seater mode) and 1,050 l for the XL version (five-seater). Access is simplified by the dark-tinted opening rear window tailgate and an all-new two heigth positions luggage cover that is extremely useful when loading and unloading. The design makes for optimal loading in tight spaces where the tailgate cannot be opened.
New Citroën Berlingo offers best-in-class spaciousness and modularity reflected in true freedom in use on a day-to-day basis thanks to the following:
- Three same-size individual seats in row 2 offering remarkable knee room for back-seat passengers (156 mm). The seats fold down in complete simplicity to provide a Flat floor thanks to a retracting control for each of the rear seats, accessible in the boot through a simple movement of the Magic Flat® controls*,
- Combined with a folding front passenger seat, they provide a perfectly flat floor and a floor load length of up to 2.70 m for the M version and 3.05 m for the XL model, ideal for transporting long objects,
- Two removable seats in row 3. Non-adjustable lengthwise on M models, the seats are fitted on a rail on XL models, moving through 130 mm. This allows motorists to opt for roominess for passengers or extra volume for the boot.
*Removable individual seats available from launch, Magic Flat® controls available from spring 2019.
UP TO 186 LITRES OF STORAGE SPACES
From the very first design drawings and technical choices, user-friendly storage compartments and useful spaces were central to the concerns of the designers, the aim being to provide New Citroën Berlingo occupants with true freedom of movement and an emphatic sense of well-being. New Citroën Berlingo has 28 storage spaces designed for everyday life, for a total of 186 litres. Each one is more capacious and ingenious than the last and all hold immense appeal to customers.
An emblematic component of the leisure activity vehicle, the new multifunction roof on Berlingo carries over the best features of previous generations while adding extra space. The new-generation Modutop® alone offers 92 litres of storage spaces thanks to an ingenious layout including a ceiling box accessible from the rear seats (row 2) or boot (opening rear window tailgate) containing 60 litres and 10 kg; a compartmentalised translucent arch running the entire length of the cabin, making objects clearly visible and making use of what is generally considered as wasted space; and overhead storage racks in row 1. The simple and modern design of this piece of equipment, together with its finish, underscore New Berlingo’s move up market.
New Berlingo is also home to two glove boxes: a lower glove box (open or closed depending on the version) with room for a 0.75 l bottle and a unique upper glove box or Top Box, made possible by moving the passenger airbag to the ceiling (Airbag in Roof). This design frees up space for a large closed storage space on the passenger side of the upper part of the dashboard. This compartment is available cooled (depending on the version), contains a USB socket and jack audio socket, and can easily swallow up a 15-inch laptop.
New Berlingo was designed for the storage of all sizes of objects and personal affairs such as coins, pens, cloths and vehicle documents. It features several storage areas (including a Wireless charging area for smartphone), an open storage compartment in front of the radio screen, a closed compartment above the instrument cluster, a drawer under the driver’s seat, cup holders, and door bins divided into two parts, one of which can hold a 1.5 l bottle. Children will appreciate the aircraft-style trays on the backs of the driver and front passenger seats.
BATHED IN LIGHT
The New Citroën Berlingo cabin is bathed in light thanks to its extensive glazed surfaces (6.4 m2), comprising a wide windscreen, side windows (which now descend on the sliding doors) and rear quarterlights. Combined with Modutop® (depending on the version), the large panoramic glass roof floods the cabin with light. The glass roof can be covered with an electric sun blind. For even more onboard well-being and more comfort at night, New Citroën Berlingo is also equipped with individual reading lights in the rear seats and now boasts ambient lighting that enhances the translucent part of the storage arch.
TYPICALLY CITROËN SETTINGS
Produced at PSA’s Vigo site in Spain, New Citroën Berlingo is built on a new platform for more agility, spaciousness and practicality, while offering classic Citroën settings.
Adapted to all uses, New Citroën Berlingo benefits from an efficient architecture offering even greater functionality. The new model’s modular platform is based on the EMP2 platform at the front and the current Berlingo platform at the rear. The front part of the platform improves manoeuvrability (electric power steering, turning circle), optimises mass and provides for the latest driver-assistance systems. The rear part of the platform is an upgrade of the current platform that provides extra payload and preserves body width between the wheel arches. The choice fosters a broader range of features and customer satisfaction.
Faithful to the Brand’s DNA and the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, New Citroën Berlingo draws on all of Citroën’s expertise. Making each journey a moment of shared pleasure, the new model filters out all road disturbances in all conditions. Driver and passengers enjoy optimal ride comfort through a comfortable driving position (including for tall people), the comfort of wider seats, suspension comfort and soundproofing comfort, thanks to top-level acoustic treatment.
A HIGH-TECH LEISURE ACTIVITY VEHICLE WITH 19 DRIVER-ASSISTANCE SYSTEMS
Citroën’s new leisure activity vehicle is a reassuring car equipped with a set of highly useful modern technologies. New Citroën Berlingo is fitted with the finest features, including 19 driver-assistance systems and manoeuvring aids. It provides high-level safety by fighting against simple moments of inattention and preventing the risk of accidents.
- Colour head-up display: a system that provides the driver with useful driving information in their field of view. Projected in colour on a retractable surface, this information (speed, guidelines of the cruise control and speed limiter, etc.) is constantly available to the driver without them having to look away from the road.
- Activ Lane Departure Warning System: a system that uses a camera recognising continuous and dotted lines to detect involuntary departures from longitudinal road markings. When the system detects an involuntary lane departure, the steering gradually steers the car back into its initial lane. An indicator light flashes throughout the corrective process. If the driver wishes to control the vehicle trajectory, he or she can block the corrective procedure by firmly holding the wheel (for example, when dodging another vehicle). The corrective procedure is interrupted when an indicator is activated. The system functions at speeds between 65 km/h and 180 km/h.
- Driver Attention Alert: alerts drivers in the event of decreased vigilance. The system assesses the driver’s alertness by identifying trajectory anomalies in relation to road markings using a multi-function camera at the top of the windscreen. The feature is especially suited to fast lanes, at over 65 km/h.
- Coffee Break Alert: tells drivers when it is time to take a break after they have driven for two hours at speeds above 65 km/h.
- Extended trafic sign recognition and recommandation: automatically detects and reads certain road signs, including speed limit signs and end of speed limit signs using a multifunction camera located in the upper part of the windscreen. The image on the detected sign and the authorised maximum speed detected by the camera are displayed in the 3.5-inch colour matrix on the instrument cluster and on the head-up display surface. The information is updated when a driver passes a speed limit sign and the system also takes account of the speed limit information in the mapping of the navigation system.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with STOP function (on EAT8): this system provides two functions using the multifunction camera on the upper part of the windscreen, automatically maintaining vehicle speed consistent with the driver’s setting and automatically adjusting the distance between the vehicle in front of the driver. The system detects a vehicle driving in front of the car in the same direction. It automatically adjusts vehicle speed to that of the vehicle in front, using the engine brake and the braking system (in which case the stop lights activate) to maintain a constant distance:
-If the vehicle in front is moving more slowly, the system slows down (up to 30 km/h with a manual gearbox) or brings the vehicle to a complete halt (with the EAT8 automatic gearbox)
-If the vehicle in front speeds up or changes lane, the cruise control system gradually accelerates to return to the set speed
-If the driver activates the indicator to overtake a slower vehicle, the system authorises them to temporarily move closer to the vehicle in front to help them overtake it, without exceeding the set speed
- Blind Spot Monitoring System: a system using a light in the wing mirrors to warn the driver if a vehicle is present in their blind spot.
- Active Safety Brake: an emergency brake system that reduces the risk of collision from ahead via a sound and visual alert and braking automatically in the place of the driver if this last fails to react in a timely manner. The multi-purpose camera at the top of the windscreen detects obstacles, for example a vehicle moving in the same direction or at a standstill. When travelling at speeds between 5 km/h and 85 km/h, the system automatically works on the brakes when a risk of collision with another moving vehicle is detected. The vehicle‘s speed must not exceed 80km/h when a vehicle at a standstill is detected and must not exceed 60 km/h when the obstacle detected is a pedestrian.
- Post Collision Safety Brake: a system that works on the brakes after an accident and serves to limit damage
- Intelligent beam headlights: a system that automatically activates high- and low-beam headlights at night depending on the lighting conditions and surrounding traffic.
- Cornering Light Function: a system that functions dependent on the steering wheel angle and above 40 km/h. The left or right front fog lights activates in addition to the main headlamp to illuminate up to 75° the angle to the right or left of the vehicle.
- Keyless entry and start: for locking, unlocking and starting the vehicle without using the key. The car recognises drivers as they approach the front door handles or boot with their hands.
- Hill Start Assist: to make hill starts easier, this system prevents any undesired vehicle movement on inclines when the brake pedal is released. The function activates on inclines of over 3% by stabilising the vehicle for two seconds.
- Flankguard: informs the driver of the proximity of objects to the side of the manoeuvring vehicle by memorising the data recorded by sensors located in the front and rear bumpers combined with the vehicle trajectory.
- Reversing camera with Top Rear Vision: a system displaying the immediate environment of the vehicle using a 180° panoramic camera. It is supplemented by a park assist system, which provides drives with a visual and sound alert to avoid obstacles in the close vicinity of the vehicle. The screen splits into two, with on the left a view of the immediate environment of the vehicle, and on the right a view of the top of the vehicle. Different views of the vehicle’s environment can be displayed on the driver’s request: a standard view, a 180° view and a zoom view (this last is automatically displayed when the car nears an obstacle).
- Trailer Stability Control: on models equipped with a tow hook (factory option), New Citroën Berlingo is equipped with a towed-object stabiliser. Supplementing the ESP system, this function detects any oscillation on the part of the towed object. It stabilises this last by working on the brakes and, where necessary, reducing engine power to slow down the vehicle. It detects the towed object when its electric connection is hooked up to the vehicle.
- Electric parking brake: a system that automatically clamps when the engine is stopped, automatically unclamps when the vehicle moves forward (activated by default) or manually by a pull on the control paddle.
- Grip Control with Hill Assist Descent: providing grip in all conditions, Grip Control adapts the traction of the front wheels to the type of road surface. Drivers select one of five modes, Standard, Snow, Mud, Sand, ESP OFF, using the thumbwheel on the central console. Combined with Grip Control, Hill Assist Descent maintains the car at a reduced speed even on steep inclines. The technology keeps the vehicle on the right trajectory while limiting the risk of slippage or acceleration as the car descends slopes, in forward or reverse gear.
- Park Assist: makes manoeuvring calmer, easier and safer when parking. This system provides active assistance for parallel and perpendicular parking. On the driver’s request, it automatically detects a parking space then safely steers the car into it.
FOUR CONNECTIVITY TECHNOLOGIES
As part of the same quest for comfort and well-being, New Citroën Berlingo is equipped with four connectivity and infotainment technologies providing continuity between the customer’s digital world and their car, to remain connected at all times.
- Mirror Screen Function with Android Auto, Apple Car Play™and MirrorLink®: for enjoying smartphone apps on the 8-inch tablet in complete safety.
- 8-inch touchscreen with Citroën Connect Nav: a latest-generation 3D connected navigation system with a host of advantages. Combined with an 8-inch tablet with a capacitive screen requiring the lightest of touches, this system also boasts voice recognition for controlling navigation, phone and media functions without taking one’s eyes off the road. The system comes with connected services such as TomTom Traffic, for real-time traffic info, service-station and car-park localisation and prices, weather information, and a local point-of-interest search function. Danger Areas (optional).
- Citroën Connect Box with Emergency & Assistance system: emergency geolocation call and assistance service. In the event of an accident or any other situation that requires urgent assistance, it calls out the appropriate assistance either automatically or when the user presses the “SOS” button inside the car. Available 24/7, the service is free. For even greater peace of mind, customers can also contact the support switchboard by pressing and holding the “Double Chevron” button.
- Wireless charging for smartphone: special charging station. This all-new system can be used to induction charge a wide range of smartphones or devices compatible with the Qi standard with a charging mat built into a dedicated storage space in the central console. The system does away with the need for physically and aesthetically troublesome cables. Wireless electric energy transmission is based on the principle of magnetic induction.
A WIDE RANGE OF ENGINES
With its uncompromising blend of design, comfort and practicality, New Citroën Berlingo offers dynamic road behaviour and true driving pleasure thanks to its new lightweight and efficient platform and high-performance latest-generation engines with low fuel consumption and CO2emissions.
New Berlingo is available with a range of petrol and diesel powerplants adapted to all uses, town and country. The engines deliver top-flight performance while respecting the environment.
New Citroën Berlingo also sees the introduction of an 8-speed EAT8 automatic gearbox (depending on the version) that enhances driving pleasure for all distances.
- PureTech 1.2 petrol range: PureTech 110 S&S 6-speed manual and PureTech 130 S&S EAT8*
- BlueHDi 1.5 Diesel range: BlueHDi 75 S&S manual, BlueHDi 100 manual, BlueHDi 100 S&S manual, BlueHDi 130 S&S 6-speed manual or EAT8
* PureTech 130 S&S EAT8 available from second-half 2019.
New Berlingo will make its international debut in a few weeks’ time at the Geneva Motor Show followed by launch in second-half 2018 (depending on the country).
Length: 4.40 m Size M / 4.75 m Size XL
Width: 1.85 m
Height: 1.81 m (minimum without roof bars / 1.84 m minimum with roof bars – depending on version)
Boot capacity: 775 l Size M / 1,050 l Size XL