2018 Ford Expedition Lineup – Video
Ford introduces the all-new Expedition – the smartest, most capable and most adaptable Expedition ever – with technology to keep every passenger connected, more power for drivers, and more towing capability than any other full-size SUV.
An all-new high-strength, aluminum-alloy body and redesigned high-strength steel frame form the foundation for Expedition’s rugged off-road and strong towing capabilities. Thanks to the use of advanced materials, the all-new Expedition saves up to 300 pounds, and the team reinvested that weight savings everywhere it counts to give customers more technology and convenience features than ever before.
With its roomy, flexible interior, the all-new Expedition is the first full-size utility to feature a sliding second-row seat with tip-and-slide functionality, providing easy access to the third row without the need to first remove a child safety seat. Once in the third row, even adults will appreciate more legroom and reclining seats.
Expedition’s available Wi-Fi hotspot supports as many as 10 devices at once – up to 50 feet from the vehicle – while an available dual-headrest rear seat entertainment system provides a next-generation video experience that allows passengers to watch live TV via SlingPlayer™ on either of two video screens. The system represents the first time SlingPlayer – which connects to a user’s home Slingbox™ account – is offered in an automobile.
“With the changes we’ve made to Expedition, people will see a whole new product, an entirely different vehicle,” said Todd Hoevener, Expedition chief engineer. “We’ve created the ultimate vehicle experience for the driver and the ones that matter to him or her most. No more racing to try to get a good seat – every row is fully connected and comfortable, and there’s plenty of room for your gear.”
Powerful and efficient, Expedition’s new 3.5-liter EcoBoost® engine and 10-speed automatic transmission produce up to 400 horsepower and 480 foot pounds of torque with best-in-class fuel economy and towing capability.
Best in Class Fuel Economy: 18MY Expedition vs. Competition
|Tahoe 5.3L 4×2||16||23||19|
|Tahoe 5.3L 4×4||16||22||18|
Expedition delivers 9,300 pounds of towing capability to the more than half of Expedition customers that value towing. It also features class-exclusive Pro Trailer Backup Assist™, making it easier than ever for customers to tow and haul with confidence.
For those customers who like off-road adventure, Expedition FX4 Off-Road Package is the most off-road-capable Expedition ever. The package includes a patented electronic limited-slip rear differential, off-road-tuned shocks, all-terrain tires, seven different skid plates, unique 18-inch Magnetic Metallic-painted cast-aluminum wheels, chrome running boards, FX4 badging and new rubber floor liners.
An all-new easy-to-use Terrain Management System™ lets FX4 customers select from seven special drive modes that help Expedition automatically adapt to different road conditions. This includes normal for around town driving, sport for more spirited trips, tow/haul for improved towing and hauling performance, eco for enhanced fuel economy, grass/gravel/snow for loose terrain, sand for low traction situations and mud/rut for uneven surfaces. Expedition FX4 drivers also can manually select either 2WD or 4WD modes in a given drive mode, depending on their preferences and terrain.
The all-new Expedition is available in XLT, Limited and Platinum series. In addition, an XL version is available for fleet customers, from law enforcement to emergency services. To help customers choose the right amount of interior room for their families, all series are available on the extended-length Expedition MAX.
The all-new Expedition is heading to dealer showrooms and is built at Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville, Kentucky.
- 3.15 non-limited-slip rear axle (Expedition 4×2: XLT, Limited)
- 3.31 non-limited-slip rear axle (4×2: XLT MAX,
- Limited MAX and Platinum MAX; 4×4 all series)
- 12-volt powerpoints (four)
- Air conditioning with rear auxiliary controls
- Audio – AM/FM stereo/single-CD player with
- MP3 capability and six speakers
- Class IV trailer hitch
- Easy Fuel® capless fuel filler
- Electric power-assisted steering
- Engine – 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 with Auto
- Start-Stop Technology
- Halogen headlamps with rainlamp
- Keyless entry with push-button start
- Mirror – Auto-dimming rearview
- Mirrors – Power, heated sideview with security approach lamps
- Power windows and door locks with onetouch- up/-down driver’s side window feature
- Rear-wheel drive
- Rotary gear shift dial
- Seats – First-row buckets with recline and six-way power driver’s with power lumbar support; second-row 40/20/40 split (CenterSlide®) with recline; and third-row PowerFold® (XLT, Limited, Platinum)
- SYNC® (XLT)
- SYNC 3 with eight-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen with AppLink,® 911 Assist® and two smart-charging USB ports (Limited, Platinum; Available on XLT) Tilt/telescoping steering column
- Tow hooks (4×4)
- Transmission – 10-speed SelectShift® automatic
STANDARD SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Three-point safety belts for all seating positions
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™
- Airbags – Dual-stage front
- Airbags – Front-seat side
- Airbags – three-row Safety Canopy® System with side-curtain airbags and rollover sensor
- Belt-Minder® front safety belt reminder
- Brakes – 4-wheel disc with Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS)
- Individual tire pressure monitoring system (excludes spare)
- LATCH – Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children
- Perimeter alarm
- Rearview camera with washer
- SecuriCode™ keyless entry keypad
- SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
- Traction control
- Trailer sway control
- 3.73 limited-slip rear axle
- Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System)
- ControlTrac® Four-Wheel-Drive
- Dual-headrest rear-seat entertainment system
- Enhanced Active Park Assist System with side parking sensors
- Hands-free foot-activated liftgate
- Lane-keeping system
- Panoramic Vista Roof®
- Power-deployable running boards
- Remote start system
- Seats – second-row buckets
- Voice-activated touchscreen with tip-and-slide feature navigation system
- Wheels – 22″ polished aluminum
- Cargo Package
- Connectivity Package
- Driver Assistance Package
- FX4 Off-Road Package
- Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package