2018 BMW 2 Series Active Tourer & Gran Tourer – Video
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer and BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer both offer ample space, impressive versatility, excellent comfort and the dynamic driving qualities for which the brand is renowned. Also equipped with the latest generation of engines, BMW’s updated premium compact models for the Sports Activity Tourer (SAT) segment will be available from March 2018.
- The model update for the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer and
BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer will be introduced onto the market in March 2018. Sales of BMW’s first Sports Activity Tourer (SAT) in the premium compact class exceeded 380,000 units between 2014 and 2017. The two models – which stand out with their functional space concept – are therefore among the brand’s bestsellers. Their biggest market is Germany, followed by China and Great Britain. The conquest rate is high, with more than 70 per cent of customers new to the BMW brand.
- New front-end look with wide, single-piece air intake and more striking kidney grille underlines the car’s sporty and elegant appearance. The newly designed rear apron with larger exhaust tailpipes (twin tailpipes for all four-cylinder models) accentuates the car’s width. Particularly dynamic design for BMW 2 Series Active Tourer and
BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer models equipped with the new M Sport package.
- Two new exterior colours (Jucaro Beige and Sunset Orange) and six new light-alloy wheel designs in 17, 18 and 19-inch formats increase the scope for individualisation. Exclusive materials and new seat covers in cloth/Sensatec and leather add extra class to the interior. New electronic selector lever in models with seven-speed dual-clutch Steptronic transmission or eight-speed Steptronic.
- New design for the optional LED headlights and Adaptive LED Headlights with dazzle-free high beam. Familiar twin circular headlights, here with a hexagonal look, create an even more cutting-edge and eye-catching effect. Also new: the design of the optional LED front foglamps.
- Latest-generation petrol and diesel engines with extensive efficiency- enhancing modifications, e.g. to the crankshaft, heat management, valve train and turbocharging. BMW 2 Series Active Tourer engines develop outputs from 80 kW/109 hp to 170 kW/231 hp, the power units for the BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer from 80 kW/109 hp to 141 kW/192 hp. Combined-cycle fuel economy for the new BMW EfficientDynamics engine family comes in at between 6.4 and 4.3 l/100 km (44.1 and 65.7 mpg imp), which equates to combined CO2 emissions of 147–112 g/km*.
- From 3/2018 all diesel engines will employ exhaust gas treatment technology including a diesel particulate filter, NOX adsorber catalyst and SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) system, which uses urea solution (AdBlue) injection to effectively reduce nitrogen oxides in the car’s exhaust gases. All four-cylinder diesels now feature BMW TwinPower Turbo technology incl. two turbochargers.
- Plug-in hybrid BMW 225xe iPerformance Active Tourer with electric range of 45 kilometres (28 miles), system output of 224 hp and combined fuel economy of 2.5–2.3 l/100 km [113–122.8 mpg imp] (CO2 emissions: 57–52 g/km)**.